Maintaining a functional and comfortable living space is a collaborative effort between you and your property manager. The tenant portal facilitates this by allowing you to submit and track maintenance requests with ease. Here’s how to do it:
Submitting a Maintenance Request
Should you encounter an issue in your living space that requires the attention of the maintenance team, follow these steps to submit a request:
- Access the Maintenance Feature: Go to the "Maintenance" tab in the tenant portal. If you don’t see this option, contact your property manager, as it might not be enabled for your account.
- Create a New Request: Click on “Request Maintenance” to initiate a new request.
- Describe the Issue: Provide a detailed description of the problem at hand.
- Attach Photos: Upload one or more photos showcasing the issue. Remember to select all the necessary photos in one go from your computer or camera roll.
- Grant Entry Permission: Decide whether or not to grant the property manager permission to enter your property with their key.
- Submit the Request: After providing all the necessary details, click “Submit Request”.
- Select Preferred Time Slots: On the following screen, suggest three or more preferred time slots when a maintenance technician can address the issue. Confirm your selection by clicking “Submit”.
Checking the Status of Your Maintenance Request
Stay informed about the progress of your maintenance request through the following process:
- Go to the Maintenance Tab: Navigate to the “Maintenance” tab to find an overview of your request’s status.
- View Status Overview: Here, you will find a high-level status of your maintenance request, which will indicate the current stage of the process — from receipt to technician contact, scheduling, and completion.
- Check Detailed Status: For a more comprehensive view of the request status, including a timeline and all communications sent to you, click on “Check Status”.
Utilizing the tenant portal to submit and track your maintenance requests not only streamlines the process but ensures that all necessary information is centrally located and easily accessible for both you and your property manager, promoting timely and effective resolution of maintenance issues.