While dealing with electrical issues can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing, there are a few common problems that you may be able to troubleshoot and possibly solve on your own. Always ensure to turn off the power at the breaker before attempting to troubleshoot or fix any electrical issue. However, if you feel uncertain or the problem seems serious, submit a repair request.
Flickering lights can often be a sign of a loose or defective bulb. Try replacing the bulb to see if this resolves the problem.
If an outlet isn't providing power, it might be because it's a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) outlet that's been tripped. These outlets have test and reset buttons, and they're often used in bathrooms, kitchens, and other areas where water is present. Try pressing the reset button to see if that fixes the problem.
Light Bulbs Burning Out Frequently
If you're having to replace light bulbs more often than you think you should, it could be that the bulb's wattage is too high for the light fixture. Check the fixture for a maximum wattage rating, and make sure your bulbs aren't exceeding it.
Switches or Outlets That Feel Warm
If a switch or outlet feels warm to the touch, it could be a sign of an unsafe wiring condition like an overloaded circuit or a loose connection. In this case, it's best to stop using the outlet or switch and submit a repair request immediately.
Overloaded Power Strips
Overloading a power strip can pose a fire hazard. If the power strip is hot to the touch or your circuit breaker trips when you use the power strip, consider unplugging some devices or using another outlet.